Tuesday, January 13, 2009

On The Thirteenth Day of January...

Come on all you Parowanites...you know the song. Today is Parowan's birthday; I love that place. I miss being able to go to the Birthday Ball and especially the Town Celebration at the high school. For those of you that are not familiar with the Mother Town, Parowan was settled on January 13, 1851. The Parowan Birthday festivities are some of the biggest celebrations in town all year. All of the school kids, from kindergartners to seniors, dress up and participate in traditional pioneer dances...and it is all topped off with the Grand March (When I was a kid I was always so nervous about who I had to hold hands with). Ahh the memories.


Parowan from the "P" Hill



The Old Rock Church

14 comments:

Holly said...

...The seeds of Earth, awaited birth...

Awww! I was telling my co-workers about Parowan's birthday today. It became Parowan Trivia in the office!

Trevor and Jamie said...

Oh good times! I miss the Grand march and everything about it!

Stacia said...

I love it:)Your pictures of Parowan are really cute! It's the greatest little town! I was sad I could be in Parowan to celebrate but I did sing the song to my kids!

Annie M Culley said...

I remember the grand march when we were in Kindergarten the best. I got to hold hands with Tyler Munson. I thought he was a stud because he was the quarterback on the football team. That is the only person I actually remember holding hands with! Fun times. Thanks for the memories Cheryl!

Shannon said...

I am so glad you did a post dedicated to the Mormon Mother Town. I love that place too. Who could forget the wonderful grand march. I remember the Boot-Scootin Boogie in 6th grade too.

Jamie Harris said...

Hey Cheryl, it's Jamie "Guymon" I found your blog by mistake.. Any ways just thought I would say hi. My sister Debbie always keeps me up on your life. I guess she walks with your mom? Well hope all is well for you. Keep in touch!

Jamie Harris said...

Yea I would love you to add me. I don't talk to anyone from Parowan any more. We live in St. George I am a manger of a Salon & Day Spa. I think I have the best job in the world. Today I got a pedicure in the middle of the day.. Not to bad...lol.. What about you guys? I just hear a little when I talk to Deb. Hope all is well!

Andrew and Lori Stewart said...

Parowan brings back so many memories. The best is the short drive down Main Street or Laura's first time on a horse. Do you remember that? Good times. You should post some of your California pictures sometime, I'd loved to see them!

Justin and Stacey said...

Happy Birthday Cheryl! Are you guys back from California yet? Hope everything is going well!

Staci said...

Hi, I found ya. Come and check us out too at jsharmer.blogspot.com I am going to add you to my page so I can stalk you easier:)

-Staci Harmer

Justin and Stacey said...

Hey Cheryl...How are you guys doing??! Where is your guy's house at? I am coming to Utah in April to babysit Justin's niece and nephew. They live in Pleasant Grove. I would love to see you guys!

kyle said...

Cheryl,

Here is my sister's blog address. Like I told you. Rachelle is the one that actually does it so it doesn't get updates too often.

www.avery-j.blogspot.com

Holly said...

You've got to convince Jared to come out to DC! We would love it!! Once we know where everything is, we can show you around. We'll even pull out the air mattress for you!

Andrew and Lori Stewart said...

Hey Cheryl, I haven't seen you blog in a while and I wanted to see how you were doing. (I can't find your email) Anyway, I hope all is going well with you and Jared.