One of the banks that I work with gave us tickets to the BYU basketball game on Friday night. Jared and I decided to make a date of it. He took me to Carrabba's (I LOVE that place) for a little pollo rosa maria...YUMMY...then we met up with Cec and went to the game. The seats were awesome, I love it when you can hear the players talking. BYU won...that always makes for a good day.
Jared had to work Saturday morning so Cec, Wenda and I went to the Twilight movie. We were late getting to the theater so our choices were to sit on the front row or to split up. We opted for the latter because we value our necks, and we wanted to actually see the movie. Why do they put the front row that close? It is crazy...as we were walking in the girl that took our tickets warned us that the only seats left were on the front row and that we might want to talk to the manager and see if he would give us vouchers to see it again. Yes, I tried it out and the front row IS that bad! Everyone knows that I'm a groupie and don't like to be by myself...I am happy to announce that I lived, and although I would never go to a movie by myself, it wasn't that bad. I thought that it was a fun movie...anyone who is looking for a deep plot and great character development will be disappointed...but it's still fun.
After the movie we had to run home so we wouldn't miss the kickoff of the BYU vs Utah game. We'll just say it was a sad day at the Meibos home...I'll leave it at that! We had to drown our sorrows in something and since we don't drink, Jared figured that the new Bond movie would do the trick. We honestly haven't been to a movie for a year and I went to two in one day...I couldn't believe it. By the time we got home I was all movied out! Good times!
Thanks for hanging out with us Cec...we love you! Thanks for cleaning up...you spoil me when you visit. Oh, and I polished off the pumpkin pie today...thank you for that too!
Sunday, November 23, 2008
Weekend Fun!
Posted by Cheryl Meibos at 4:59 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
Let me know anytime you want to try and meet up!! I am open for about anything!! I'm looking forward to seeing ya!
The game was awful!!! I'm glad you guys didn't drink! HAHAHAH
Oh my gosh we were at Carrabas Fri.as well. I LOVE THAT PLACE. I hate the Utes but it had to happen sometime I guess. Have a happy Thanksgiving.
Have you had the smoothies at Carrabbas? If not, you'll have to have one the next time you go! They're AMAZING! And, I have to say that I'm jealous of everyone who has already seen Twilight. Hopefully I will soon :) thanks for the update ya slacker! It's sad we only see you during softball season...
I enjoyed Twilight too. It was a good time. My hubby was disappointed in the game as well. Aah.. the hardships of being a BYU fan.
Andrew wasn't happy with the game either. Tell Cec hi for me.
Post a Comment