Wednesday, September 17, 2008

First Game of the Season

We went to the BYU vs N. Iowa game a few weeks ago. We got to the stadium a little early so Jared went down onto the field during warm ups. It was fun for him to talk to some of his old football buddies. There is something about Cougar Stadium on game day...we can't get enough.

Just in case you need one more reason to love BYU football...Coach Mendenhall and the BYU football players give firesides the night before every football game. Last Friday they were speaking in Payson so Jared and I took a few of our youth. For those of you that have the opportunity to attend one of these firesides I highly recommend it. I was amazed at the musical talent and testimonies the players have. It was an inspiring Friday night...something I could use a little more often:)






5 comments:

Stacia said...

Fun! I love going to college football games to bad UNLV is no good! But we like to go when they play BYU or Utah but they don't have any good home games this year! You look really cute in the pictures! I see that Alex still hasn't cut his hair. He's fun!

Katie said...

Those are cute pictures of you guys!!!!! I wish I could make it to a game this year... maybe i'll be like all those other crazies and take my newborn??!?! HAHA yeah right! Have fun at the games though.... i'll be watching them on my tv!

Kristi said...

I love those pictures of us! We should have more of those from many differnt events! Or maybe its my excuse to get together more often:) And well done on your garden! Remember the cucumbers we tried to grow! They were so sad!

Ducksfly2gether said...

Hey Cheryl! Our little Feedjit... thing (I don't know what they're called) said someone was visiting me from your blog, so I found it not long ago and had checked it then. Very nice! I like to see similar BYU pics. I love that place!

The Bensons said...

Hi Cheryl! I'm on your blog! We went to that game too. We were stuck between two angry old guys that did the commentation the whole time. Needless to say, a person can only take so much and we left during the 4th.