We went to Lake Powell for the 4th of July. We love it there...but this time the weather didn't cooperate with us. It was pretty much the worst environment imaginable. Think sweltering heat with absolutely no breeze and then hurricane force winds. I only have a few pictures because the rest of the time was spent holding down the tents and trying to keep the boats from being bashed into the beach or floating away...take your pick. I'm pretty sure my favorite part of the weekend was all of us trying to hold down the canopy while being sandblasted...we did get some good pole dancing in though! Oh yeah, then the Seadoo broke down and Cami and I were floating in the water for over an hour...that was fun too!
Jared's sister Amee and her family came with us. Thanks for being good sports guys...hopefully you'll come with us again and we'll be able to do more than try to protect ourselves from the elements.
Our campsite...isn't it beautiful?
Dartanian taking a moment to smile for the camera.
The fam taking a ride in the boat.
Dad doing a Mt. Dew commercial
Jared doing a little repair work on the Seadoo
Wenda & Cami...notice you can see Wendy's arms and legs...I think that might be a new Lake Powell record!
Alex doing a little rock climbing. FYI I got higher that he did:)
Friday, July 25, 2008
Lake Powell
Jared, his boat, and Lake Powell...BLISS!
Posted by Cheryl Meibos at 10:45 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

10 comments:
Your campsite looks so beautiful! I love the red rock and the blue-green water.
Hi Cheryl! I found you on Monica's blog! we went to lake powell too...and is so pretty there and it looks like you guys had a GREAT TIME!
July 27, 2008 9:40 PM
Oh my land! I can't believe you have a blog! I had to be a stalker to find it though. Tee hee. Looks like you guys had some fun even though the weather wasn't great. Hope you guys are doing well.
Ha!! I am so dang cool, I figured out your blogsite without you telling me! Woo hoo! Ya, so you are cool and so it your site! Happy blogging!
--Rachael
I can't believe you don't give out your blog address to people ... ya turd!! HAHA Nice pics from powell... I don't know how you can go there without a house boat... you NEED a house boat there.. it makes all the difference in the world!!!! Though.. the water is still awesome no matter what! Wish we could go boating with you!!!
So I'm pretty much amazing and I typed in jaredcheryl.blogspot.com hoping it would be you and it was. It was my FIRST try! What a stalker... I know.
whoo,hoo! Cheryl has a blog!! I'm so glad we can see what you guys are up to. It looks like you have been having a fun summer. Miss you guys!
So thanks for telling us you had a blog! I had to find it on Holly's...and from what she says she just happened to find it! I'm excited you guys have one! That's too bad Lake Powell wasn't much fun! We'll have to go boating again sometime!
Hey! Just added your blog to mine! here is mine http://mylifeincollege08.blogspot.com/
♥Becca
PS I am in utah in like 20 days!!
Post a Comment